We’re hiring a CCTV Field Technician in Birmingham to join our dynamic team! If you’re passionate about maintaining and installing CCTV systems, have excellent technical skills, and enjoy working in the field, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Job Title: CCTV Field Technician
Reports to: Installation and Service Manager – South
Job Type: Full time
Starting Salary: £24,000 up to £27,000, depending on experience
CCTV Field Technician – Basic Salary of up to £27k + Overtime + Fuel Card + Ongoing Training & Development
Do you have experience of working with CCTV equipment?
Do you want to work for a market leading business that will provide you with specialist in house training and invests in your personal development?
If yes, carry on reading!
As our CCTV Field Technician, you will be required to assist the existing team with the installation and maintenance of CCTV and security equipment throughout the UK. You will also maintain a stock management system, ensuring the stock is up to date and adhere to company quality and health and safety standards.
You will also be responsible for:
- Installation, servicing, and fault diagnosis of CCTV systems
- Carrying out daily vehicle inspections
- Driving to and surveying sites (national)
- PCB board assembly
- Programming and overall assembly of WCCTV products
- Testing of products including remedial fault analysis/technical support
What do we need from you?
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Computer Literate – able to take and input information.
- Manual dexterity, able to assemble / fix electronic equipment to a prescribed standard
- Ability to take the lead with client interface on site and work under own initiative
- Experience in testing and diagnosing problems in electrical equipment
- Experience of working with CCTV equipment
- Flexible approach to working hours, some overtime may be required, sometimes at short notice
- Quality focused, right first time approach
- Able to demonstrate good timekeeping and attendance with previous employers
- Understanding of very basic computer networking, i.e. what an IP address is and when used
- NVQ or National Diploma in soldering and/or electronics
- Knowledge of stock control processes, accurate checking in and out of goods and supplies
Why work for us?
Become part of the team at WCCTV and you’ll find a culture which praises high performance, innovation and inclusivity:
- Competitive Compensation: Up to £27,000 + overtime.
- Company Vehicle: Enjoy a fully expensed van with a fuel card.
- Time Off: Annual leave increases with length of service, from your second year (Starting at 23 days plus bank holidays).
- Health & Wellbeing: Benefit from private healthcare and dental schemes and an employee assistance programme.
- Future Security: Pension contributions increase with length of service.
- Special Perks: Celebrate your birthday with a voucher, and every year a tree is planted to honour your day.
Learning & Development
- Structured Development Plan and Skills Matrix with corresponding pay increases.
- Comprehensive on the job training provided.
- Structured Development Plan with Pay Increases.
- External training courses for nationally recognised accreditations.
- Regular reviews to identify training needs and personal development opportunities.
Who are we?
WCCTV was founded in 2001, in the UK and is the market leader for rapid deployment, mobile surveillance systems specifically designed to deliver video securely and efficiently via 4G LTE networks.
In 2021, the Private Equity Firm LDC, made a substantial investment into WCCTV. This investment will allow us to rapidly scale and grow in the UK and continue our services as a market leader.
In addition to this investment, we were also named, June 2021, the overall Winner of Sunday Times Profit Track 'Ones to Watch'.
We believe our employees are our strongest asset and for that reason, we are dedicated to supporting their professional and personal development.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience, please click ‘apply’ today to be considered as our CCTV Field Technician– we would love to hear from you.
WCCTV is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from a broad range of backgrounds